Sources: National Institute of Building Sciences, Washington, D.C.; CP staff
The National Institute of Building Sciences has finalized its keynotes lineup for Building Innovation 2021: Virtual Edition (BI2021), September 27-29, including a presentation from Holcim AG Global Head of Solutions & Products Jamie Gentoso, P.E. Joining her as lead presenters will be Architecture 2030 CEO Edward Mazria, American Society of Civil Engineers Executive Director Thomas Smith, Marsh McLennan Managing Director, Public Sector Daniel Kaniewski, and University of Washington College of Built Environments Dean Renee Cheng.
Under resilience, technology and workplace tracks, BI2021 will have 30-plus themed sessions, among them:
- Advantages of Using 3D Printed Forms for a Precast Concrete Project, Mo Wright, marketing director, Gate Precast Co., Jacksonville, Fla.;
- Resiliency Challenges for Facilities and Critical Infrastructure, Robert Knoedler, immediate-past president, Energy Management Association;
- The Story of BIM and the New World of Digital Construction, Andrew Butterfield and Anne-Marie Pizzitelli, BSI Group Inc.;
- Building Codes Save: FEMA’s Nationwide Building Code Losses Avoided Study Panel, with moderator Jonathan Westcott, Federal Emergency Management Agency;
- Resilience, Functional Recovery, Sustainability – What Are They and What Do They Mean to the Structural Engineering Profession?, Don Scott, senior principal, PCS Structural Solutions;
- Delivering Value: How a Collaborative and Strategic Approach to Off-Site Construction Supports Better Building, Laurie Robert, modular building practitioner; and,
- ESG & DEI: Best Practices for Building Industry Applications, Green Building Initiative President Vicki Worden.
“Building Innovation puts the nation’s top experts from across the built environment before an audience looking for solutions,” says NIBS President Lakisha Woods. “This is more than a meeting. BI2021 ensures that Americans live, work, learn and play in buildings and communities that will support, sustain and promote healthy living.”
Conference registration includes access to all keynotes and educational programming and can be obtained here.