Sources: Wells Concrete, Albany, Minn.; CP staff
A top five player in North American precast, prestressed production, Wells Concrete has unveiled an organizational structure around legacy operations, plus the assets of Wisconsin and Colorado peers, Spancrete and Rocky Mountain Prestress, acquired in January 2021 and February 2019, respectively. The producer’s newly designated Great Lakes, Midwest and Mountain States regional divisions will be led by dedicated presidents, chief operating officers, and vice presidents of Sales, as finance, human resources, marketing, engineering design and information technology functions are brought under Corporate Services.
“We have an incredible amount of talent spread throughout our organization and it’s imperative we structure the company to capitalize on that talent—for our business and our customers,” says Wells Concrete President and CEO Dan Juntunen. “By centralizing overarching functions we have a team dedicated to driving our business and strategically growing it, which will allow regional divisions to focus on the day-to-day business as called for by the uniqueness of each market and customer need. At the core of our strategy is a focus on identifying inefficiencies in the build process, designing solutions to improve upon these inefficiencies and delivering high quality, economically beneficial solutions to the marketplace.”
Joining him at the officer level are:
- Executive Vice President, Corporate Development Sam Nesius, who will continue to drive strategic initiatives such as acquisitions, divestitures and greenfield projects;
- Senior Vice President, Human Resources Mark DelVecchio, overseeing safety programs, along with providing strategic staffing plans, including compensation, benefits, training and development;
- Senior Vice President, Chief Financial Officer Ryan Stroschein, responsible for enterprise-wide finance and technology systems and processes;
- Senior Vice President, Chief Strategy Officer Kimberly Wacker, transitioning from Spancrete leadership to head new product development, marketing, communications and Infinite Facades, a turnkey building envelope solution combining precast wall elements, glazing, and window or door opening frames and hardware; and,
- Senior Vice President, Chief Engineer Ryan Garden, responsible for estimating and production teams, as well as engineering and field services, optimizing standardization and design methodologies companywide to deliver economical solutions to all members of the build community.
Overseeing Wells Concrete at the regional division levels are:
Great Lakes: President and COO Scott Bertschinger, a 20-year Spancrete veteran transitioning from executive vice president and vice president of Human Resources & Risk Management; and Vice President of Sales Auggy Chung, who served as Spancrete Illinois regional sales manager for 10-plus years.
Midwest: President and COO Greg Roth, eight-year Wells Concrete veteran, most recently serving as vice president of Operations, Minnesota; and Vice President of Sales Spencer Kubat, 41-year Wells Concrete veteran.
Mountain States: President and COO Mike Hemberger, 30-plus year industry veteran who served as Rocky Mountain Prestress COO through Wells Concrete’s arrival; and, Vice President of Sales Dan Parker, a 30-plus year Rocky Mountain Prestress veteran with extensive field experience, primarily in preconstruction services and sales.