Complete details on how to build segmental retaining walls using Allan Block products for commercial, residential, and DOT projects are provided in AB
Complete details on how to build segmental retaining walls using Allan Block products for commercial, residential, and DOT projects are provided in AB Commercial Retaining Wall Manual (http://www.allanblock.com/RetainingWalls/Installation/comm/Intro). The document released by Minneapolis, Minn.-based Allan Block Corp. details initial planning and design, followed by installation Û illustrated with graphics and photos Û of a gravity, reinforced or patterned retaining wall.
Specific topics covered in the guide include:
- Building curves, corners and stairways
- Projects with water, its effects, and requirements for proper construction
- Techniques for incorporating terraces
- Finishing and ending wall options
- AutoCAD details on common topics
- Soil information
- Internal and external analysis, plus design considerations
Targeted users of AB Commercial Retaining Wall Manual include engineers/architects, who can learn how the system is engineered and use the detailed designs, plus reinforcement charts and specifications to effectively incorporate AB products; and, contractors seeking installation information for greater efficiency to save time and money.