Sources: ASTM International, West Conshohocken, Pa.; CP staff
ASTM Committee C09 on Concrete and Concrete Aggregates has opened registration for Symposium on Reactivity Tests for Cement-based Materials – From Lab Testing to Standards and Specifications, June 12 at the Hyatt Regency Seattle. Organizers seek content differentiating supplementary cementitious materials and inert materials for use in concrete. Despite significant progress on SCM or filler material reactivity screening in the last five years, they note, standardization and adoption of related test methods have lagged.
Organizers hope to convene technical experts with presentations and discussions aimed at moving tests from labs to standards and specifications. They envision a symposium program covering:
- Recent advances in SCM reactivity testing;
- Determination of links between reactivity testing outputs and concrete properties;
- Impediments to reactivity test adoption in standards and specifications;
- How to improve a flawed strength activity test;
- Reactivity test interpretation using modeling approaches; and,
- Examples of reactivity testing approaches in large scale applications.
Registration for the event and additional information can be obtained here. Co-chairing the symposium are University of Miami’s Prannoy Suraneni, [email protected], and Ohio State University’s Lisa Burris, [email protected]