Source: ASTM International, West Conshohocken, Pa.
ASTM Committee C09 on Concrete and Concrete Aggregates invites papers for the Symposium on Reactivity Tests for Cement-Based Materials – From Lab Testing to Standards and Specifications, scheduled December 5 amid standards development meetings at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis. Organizers aim to a) provide a forum for experts to discuss standardization and the use of reactivity/screening testing to differentiate supplementary cementitious materials and inert materials for use in concrete; and, b) move tests from the lab to standards and specifications. Candidate symposium topics include, but are not limited to:
- Recent advances in reactivity testing for SCM;
- Determining links between reactivity testing outputs and concrete properties;
- Impediments to adoption of reactivity tests in standards and specifications;
- Strength activity testing: How to improve a flawed test;
- Reactivity test interpretation using modeling approaches; and,
- Examples and case studies of application of reactivity testing approaches in large-scale applications.
To participate in the symposium, authors must complete by June 18 the Abstract Submittal Form at www.astm.org/C09SympCFPDec2021. Additional details on the program can be obtained from co-chairs Prannoy Suraneni ([email protected]) or Lisa Burris ([email protected]).