Source: Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute, Chicago
In recognition of the PCI’s 50th Annual Design Awards, the institute has announced a design competition to create a new trophy for the program. The new trophy will make its debut at the 2013 PCI Design Awards and the trophy’s designer will be awarded $1,000. Entries are due by August 1.
Interested individuals may enter by submitting a detailed drawing along with the official entry form prior to the deadline. Finalists will be chosen by PCI’s selection committee, notified by August 15, and will be provided $300 to create a prototype of their designs. These prototypes will be on display at the 2012 PCI Convention and National Bridge Conference in Nashville, Tenn., September 29 – October 2, and convention attendees will vote for a winner. The selected design will be announced by October 15.
Trophy designs must meet the following criteria:
- Capture the essence of the precast design awards – The Search for Excellence
- Reflect the PCI Brand
- Have a pleasing design aesthetic
- Display the versatility of precast concrete design
- Cost less than $100 per unit to reproduce (about 100 units per year)
- Weigh less than five pounds
- Include space for a small plaque with winning project information
For more information, www.pcidesignawards.org/2012intro/pages/competition.html or [email protected].