Concrete Equipment Co. unveiled its Horizontal Reversing Mixer (HRM) at 2008 World of Concrete in Las Vegas, presenting the non-tilting unit as an alternative
Concrete Equipment Co. unveiled its Horizontal Reversing Mixer (HRM) at 2008 World of Concrete in Las Vegas, presenting the non-tilting unit as an alternative to conventional drum models used in central mixed and highway concrete plants. The HRM features what Con-E-Co engineers note are quiet operation, aggressive mixing action, and operating mode based on advanced components that minimize maintenance costs.
We’ve spent a tremendous amount of time and resources refining this innovative mixer, said Con-E-Co General Manager Neil Smith. The finished product is unlike anything else on the market, and it’s a direct response of listening to our customers’ needs. Notable featured engineered in the HRM, he adds, include:
- Sealed mixing drum with variable speed drive to optimize discharge rate and minimize dust
- Climate controlled U.L.-rated service panel for longer life and a dust-free environment
- Dual element paddles supported from the drum paddles eliminate the need for a center support and reduce concrete build-up
- Drive motors wired to individual disconnects for easier maintenance and a reduced need for expensive field wiring
- Precise factory drive alignment with built-in precision field re-alignment feature
- Mixing and discharge paddles with open slots between paddles and drum means less daily clean up
At World of Concrete, Con-E-Co presented the HRM through graphics and supporting literature, anticipating a prototype as part of its 2008 ConExpo-Con/Agg exhibit, March 11-15, also at the Las Vegas Convention Center.