Sources: American Concrete Institute, Farmington Hills, Mich.; CP staff
Opening just after Labor Day, the American Concrete Institute Mid-Atlantic Resource Center will help meet the region’s increased demand for ACI knowledge through hands-on training and educational offerings. Like the charter ACI Resource Centers in suburban Chicago and southern California, the new Columbia, Md. facility will offer an array of custom training programs designed to impart required skills and demonstrate test methods leading to certification.
“The newest Resource Center is strategically located in the Mid-Atlantic region to continue expanding access to ACI knowledge in large concrete construction markets,” says ACI Certification Program Development Manager Michael Morrison, FACI, FASTM. The Maryland facility, he adds, will hit the ground running with these scheduled offerings:
• September 6, 2023: Concrete Strength Testing Technician Training
• September 7, 2023: Concrete Strength Testing Technician
• September 12, 2023: Aggregate/Soils Base Testing Technician
• September 14, 2023: Aggregate Testing Technician – Level II
• September 19, 2023: Cement Physical Tester
• September 26, 2023: Masonry Laboratory Testing Technician
• September 28, 2023: Masonry Field Testing Technician
• October 5, 2023: Self-Consolidating Concrete Testing Technician
• October 5, 2023: Aggregate Testing Technician – Level I
• October 10, 2023: Shotcrete Inspector
• October 11, 2023: Concrete Construction Special Inspector
• October 11, 2023: Concrete Construction Sustainability and Resilience Assessor
Mid-Atlantic Resource Center Manager Ken Coffey can be reached at 248/516.1116 or [email protected].