Sources: National Ready Mixed Concrete Association, Silver Spring, Md.; CP staff
NRMCA will honor 20 producer members earning 2018 Excellence in Quality Awards during an October 1 luncheon capping the ConcreteWorks conference in National Harbor, Md. Recipients demonstrate how they abide and exceed quality management principles over a broad range of activities—from program commitment, materials and production facility management to product quality control and maintaining high customer satisfaction levels.
The NRMCA Research, Engineering and Standards Committee opens the Excellence in Quality Awards program to producer members seeking company-wide or region/division recognition. This year’s recipients are:
Category A (annual production > 1 million yd.)
- Argos USA – Florida, DFW and RMX – Area 1 South East Zone Divisions
- CalPortland – Arizona Division
- Cemex – Florida, Northern California Regions
- Cemstone Products Co.
- Concrete Supply Co.
- CRH Americas Materials – Jack B. Parson, Preferred Materials
- GCC Ready Mix
- Irving Materials, Inc. – North Division
- Martin Marietta – Southwest Division
- Maschmeyer Concrete Company of Florida, Inc.
- Thomas Concrete – Georgia Division
- Titan America LLC – Florida Business Unit
Category B (250,000 to 1 million yd.)
- Anderson Concrete Corp.
- Argos USA RMX – Area 2 South East Zone
- Bayou Concrete, LLC
- Buckeye Ready-Mix, LLC
- CalPortland – Nevada, Oregon/SW Washington, Southern California Ready Mix, Washington Divisions
- Chandler Concrete Company, Inc.
- Chaney Enterprises
- Dolese Bros. Co. – Oklahoma City Metro
- Irving Materials, Inc. – Eastern KY, Western Kentucky/Southwestern Indiana Regions
- S&W Ready Mix Concrete Co.
- Thomas Concrete – Charlotte, Coastal, Raleigh, Upstate South Carolina Divisions
Category C (< 250,000 yd.)
- CalPortland – Central Coast Division
- Conewago Ready Mix
- Dolese Bros. Co. – Tulsa Division