Sources: American Concrete Institute, Farmington Hills, Mich.; CP staff
ACI is projecting attendance of 2,000-plus engineers, architects, contractors, educators, manufacturers, and material producers from around the world for the Concrete Convention and Exposition, October 15-19 in Anaheim, Calif.
Themed “Making Connections,” the event will feature technical and educational sessions providing attendees with the latest research, case studies and best practices, plus the opportunity to earn Professional Development Hours. The Southern California Chapter of ACI will host the convention as an opportunity to showcase companies, projects, current events and landmarks inspiring the theme of the convention, highlights of which will include:
- International Workshop on Structural Concrete: Technology Advancement and Adoption in the Americas;
- 13th International Symposium on Fiber-Reinforced Polymer Reinforcement of Concrete Structures;
- Inaugural Student Eco Concrete Competition;
- NASA Centennial Challenge Demonstration;
- 10th Anniversary ACI Concrete Sustainability Forum;
- Third-Annual Excellence in Concrete Construction Awards Gala; and,
- Industry exhibition showcasing up to 70 manufacturers, materials sources and service providers.
ACI will hold over 300 committee meetings and 30-plus technical sessions across the five-day program. Registration is open online through September 25, with discounted rates through September 17. — www.aciconvention.org