Source: ASTM International, West Conshohocken, Pa.
ASTM Committees E06 on Performance of Buildings and D08 on Roofing and Waterproofing invite abstracts of papers for the Symposium on Building Science and the Physics of Building Enclosure Performance, October 21, 2018, at the Washington Hilton, Washington, D.C.
Timed with E06 standards development meetings, the event will provide a forum for the exchange of ideas on current building and enclosure research with an emphasis on energy use, the environment plus testing and assessment of heat, air and moisture transfer. Topics for the symposium may include but are not limited to:
- Interface detailing and continuity of environmental control layers and their impact on whole building performance;
- Critical review of E06 and D08 standards and how or why they fail to correlate or are in conflict;
- Durability definition and enforcement;
- Building physics, conservation and preservation; and,
- Case studies illustrating the good, bad and ugly.
Authors must submit 250-300 word preliminary abstracts by September 29, 2017, each to include a clear definition of the objective and approach of the work discussed, pointing out material that is new, and presenting sufficient details on results. The presentation and manuscript must not be of a commercial nature nor can it have been previously published. Symposium co-chairs Dan Lemieux, [email protected], or Jennifer Keegan, [email protected], will notify authors of paper status by late November. Additional information can be obtained here.