Sources: Vectorworks Inc., Columbia, Md.; CP staff
Maryland Ready Mixed Concrete Association, Virginia Ready Mixed Concrete Association, and American Concrete Institute Maryland Chapter will join global design software developers Vectorworks Inc. and SCIA Inc. for a September 20 workshop suiting architects, engineers, contractors, developers, owners and educators.
Vectorworks will host Concrete Buildings with Building Information Modeling (BIM) Workshop at its Columbia, Md., headquarters. Sessions will examine BIM’s effect on concrete design, delivery and construction, and include these scheduled themes and presenters:
- Driving BIM in Concrete by Christopher Brown, Structural Engineering manager at Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP and ACI Committee 131 on BIM of Concrete Structures chair;
- Concrete BIM Workflow Demonstration by Dan Monaghan, SCIA managing director and Robert Anderson, Vectoworks vice president of Integrated Practice;
- Legal Side of BIM, by Michael Bomba, Esq., American Institute of Architects director and attorney;
- BIM and Energy Analysis by François Lévy, AIA, of Lévy Kolhaas Architecture; and,
- Expressive Design in Concrete by Steve Alden, AIA, architect and Vectorworks thought leadership director.
“BIM is changing how we design, construct and manage the built world,” affirms Monaghan. “We’re thrilled to team up with Vectorworks, the ready mixed concrete associations and American Concrete Institute to explore the benefits BIM brings to the concrete delivery process.”
Concrete Buildings with BIM Workshop registration can be obtained here — www.vectorworks.net; www.scia.net