Sources: National Ready Mixed Concrete Association, Silver Spring, Md.; Missouri University of Science & Technology, Rolla; CP staff
Organizers of the co-located 6th North American Conference on Self-Consolidating Concrete (SCC2016) and 11th International Concrete Sustainability Conference, May 15-18 in Arlington, Va., have scheduled nine keynote presentations across three plenary sessions. Headlining the program with keynote themes covering cutting edge technologies and concrete industry advances in sustainable production methods and practice are:
- Northwestern University Professor and Center for Advanced Cement-Based Materials founder Surendra Shah, Constructability, Sustainability, and Nanotechnology
- ETH Zürich Professor and Sika AG veteran Robert Flatt, Digital fabrication and concrete
- Ghent University (Belgium) Professor Geert De Schutter, Future advancement of SCC
- Adrian Smith + Gordon Architecture Sustainability Manager Chris Drew, Sustainability of tall buildings
- IFSTARR Senior Researcher Nicolas Roussel – Rheology trends and sustainable SCC
- Reykjavik University Professor Olafur Wallevik, Low binder SCC (Eco-SCC)
The National Ready Mixed Concrete Association-sponsored ICSC will feature 80 researchers and practitioners from 30 countries presenting the latest advances, technical knowledge, continuing research, tools and solutions for sustainable concrete production, design and construction. Additional topics include low impact development, life cycle assessment, material science and social responsibility.
SCC 2016, organized by Missouri University of Science & Technology, American Concrete Institute and Paris-based RILEM (International Union of Laboratories and Experts in Construction Materials, Systems and Structures) will feature nearly 120 expert researchers and practitioners from nearly 50 countries presenting on topics ranging from SCC materials and design methodology to production and quality control. Performance measurement, economics and sustainability of SCC, and many case studies involving the use of SCC in iconic structures will also be presented.
The combined conferences will feature 35 technical sessions with 200-plus speakers and poster sessions. Registration, along with detailed schedule, presentation line up and abstracts can be obtained at www.scc2016.com or www.2016icsc.org.
Concrete, cement producers and allies reinforce SCC, Sustainability program