Source: Maxon Industries, Milwaukee
With an eye toward 2012 World of Concrete (January 24–27, Las Vegas) roll out, Maxon is billing its 10-yd. Techcrete as the first truck-mounted concrete mixer to offer a continuous component weighing system with load cells and exclusive on-board batch controls.
The result is the only truck-mounted mixer that produces concrete by weight, not volume, netting what company engineers contend are reduced operating costs plus improved quality assurance and productivity. Among other Maxon-cited Techcrete model benefits and features:
- Load cells independently weigh aggregate and cement. The truck meters each component into the mixing auger by weight, automatically detecting variances and adjusting to match the mix design.
- Printed load ticket displays actual weight of components, water-cement ratio, and total yards produced.
- On-board processor can be programmed with an infinite number of mix designs.
- Precise material delivery system with which operators can achieve up to a 10 percent reduction in cement consumption.
- Processor stores details of last 50 batches produced. When the truck returns to the yard at day’s end, the operator wirelessly downloads all the activities.
Under an “Evolution of Mobile Concrete Mixing” theme, the Maxon Techcrete will debut at World of Concrete Booth #O 30030.