Sources: National Ready Mixed Concrete Association, Silver Spring, Md.; CP staff
“Energy Management and Corporate Sustainability—The Practical Approach” and “Green Infrastructure for Stormwater Management” are among 10 themed presentations NRMCA has scheduled for the 6th annual International Concrete Sustainability Conference, August 9-11 in Cambridge, Mass.
Joining those presentations from Titan America Energy Champion Chris Bayne and Environmental Protection Agency Senior Environmental Engineer Lisa Hair will be peers addressing global developments in design, specification, production, placement and maintenance of concrete tied to sustainability:
- · Recycled Concrete Aggregates for Use in New Concrete, Dr. Clause Vestergaard Nielsen, Denmark
- · Performance of Slag-Cement Concrete Subject to Early Carbonation Curing, Dr. Yixin Shao, McGill University
- · A Sustainability Performance Index for Concrete, Dr. B. Bhattacharjee, IIT Delhi
- · Metrics and Decision Processes for Assessing Low Impact Development in a Highway Setting, Dr. Liv Haselbach, Washington State University
- · Recycling of Crushed Demolished Concrete in Structures, Dr. Ahmed Al-Badawi Sayed, El-Minia University
- · Sustainability Rating Systems—Why Bragging Rights Aren’t Enough, Gary Demich, H.W. Lochner
- · Effect of Wall Construction Materials on the Air Leakage of Single-family Houses, Hannah Durschlag, MIT
- · Concrete Pavement Sustainability—Current Success and Future Opportunities, Jim Grove, FHWA/Global Consulting Inc.
The event will be staged at the Hyatt Regency Cambridge and nearby Massachusetts Institute of Technology campus in conjunction with the MIT Concrete Sustainability Hub 2011 Industry Day (August 11)—conference registration covering both. A complete list of speakers and sessions, plus registration details can be obtained at www.sustainabilityconf.org.