Promoting its ProSpec brand of concrete repair and restoration, floor repair and rehabilitation, and tile installation products, Bonsal American, Inc. continues to expand sales force, production, and inventory capacity and distribution
Promoting its ProSpec brand of concrete repair and restoration, floor repair and rehabilitation, and tile installation products, Bonsal American, Inc. continues to expand sales force, production, and inventory capacity and distribution. Recent additions to ProSpec sales and manufacturing facilities, plus several new distributors, provide extra coverage in the Northwest, Southwest, Midwest, California, Texas and Oklahoma regions.
NEW LEVEL SET UNDERLAYMENTS
Further enhancing the ProSpec line, Bonsal American has introduced a full array of Level Set underlayments and toppings designed to correct uneven, rough areas in interior floor applications prior to final floor covering or finishing.
- ProSpec Level Set 100, 200 and 300 are cement-based, self-leveling underlayments that can be poured or pumped; they require no troweling and minimal finishing. Suitable for feather-edge up to 5-in.-thick application, the underlayments are designed for use over a variety of substrates, including concrete or wood, and are effective under carpeting, ceramic and quarry tile, vinyl sheet goods, wood floors and stone.
- Level Set G is a gypsum-based, self-leveling underlayment that also can be poured or pumped. It is designed for use over concrete, wood, and gypsum subfloors from ? to five inches thick.
- Level Set LW-60 is a lightweight, self-leveling underlayment suitable for applications where load-bearing restrictions apply. Fifty percent lighter than conventional gypsum or cement-based underlayments, it can be installed from feather edge up to two inches thick.
- Level Set Wear Topping is a high-strength, self-leveling wear surface offering abrasion and crack resistance. Installed from ∫ to five inches thick, Level Set Wear Topping will accept foot traffic in three hours.
THIN SET MORTAR LINE REVAMPED
ProSpec has reorganized its line of thin set mortars for tile and stone installation, updating product names and organizing offerings into three categories. Polymer-modified performance and specialty mortars include:
- Superior PermaFlex 600, a premium thin set mortar said by the manufacturer to provide bond strength, flexibility and high-impact strength, also isolates cracks up to ? inch.
- PermaFlex 500 is designed for bonding ceramic tile and natural stone to difficult-to-bond substrates.
- PermaFlex 400, renamed from Superior PermaSet 400 to reflects its fit with the PermaFlex line of polymer modified mortars.
- Stayflex 590 offers bond strength, and its nonsag formula suits the setting of large-format tiles.
- Quick PermaFlex 570 provides high compressive strength and bond in a rapid-setting mortar.
- Medium Bed PermaFlex 550 for setting large-format tile is designed to help overcome irregularities in the substrate or in tile thickness.
ACHIEVING HIGHER VISIBILITY
ProSpec has redesigned its product packaging for consistency with the brand design displayed in product literature and on its website. The redesign encompasses all three product categories Û Concrete Repair & Restoration, Flooring Repair & Rehabilitation, and Tile Installation products. The consistent branding supports the conversion of Bonsal and Pre-Blend branded products to the ProSpec brand.
REAL WORLD APPLICATIONS
ProSpec concrete repair products are currently in use in two high-profile U.S. projects. For JetBlue’s $742 million expansion of Terminal 5 at JFK International Airport in New York, ProSpec Level Set 300 is being used for a 50,000-sq.-ft. section to level the flooring in seating areas. Level Set 300, a portland cement-based, self-leveling underlayment, will provide a smooth, even finish for the installation of floor coverings in the terminal. Everglades on the Bay, a 42-story, mixed-use retail/condominium project in Miami, will incorporate ProSpec Vertical Leveling Mortar to ensure plumb and level walls for the application of a stucco finish coat. The material sets in approximately 12 minutes and reaches high performance concrete strength in less than 24 hours.