Cemstone Products’ concrete homes website is designed to help homeowners and contractors better understand the benefits and methodology of insulating
Cemstone Products’ concrete homes website is designed to help homeowners and contractors better understand the benefits and methodology of insulating concrete form (ICF) construction for above-grade exterior walls. The site is accessed through www.cemstone.com.
Benefits of residential concrete building methods noted on the site include:
- Energy conservation Û Heating and cooling savings up to 50-80 percent over traditionally framed structures
- Strength Û Reinforced concrete walls shown in testing to withstand winds exceeding 200 mph from tornados and hurricanes
- Noise insulation Û Soundproofing to virtually eliminate exterior noises
- Safety Û A four-hour fire rating for greater occupant safety, resulting in a possible reduction in homeowner’s insurance
- Clean air Û Airtight exterior walls resulting in a clean indoor air environment and prevention of mold growth within the exterior walls
- Moisture control Û A 2_-in. layer of insulation on both sides of the concrete wall eliminates the dew point factor for a dry, livable basement
The site also offers a free CD containing 90-plus detailed plans that homeowners can use to help envision design possibilities when building a concrete home. It follows Cemstone’s recent launch of a companion decorative concrete website.