More information on LEED and green building is available from a number of sources: The LEED Rating System can be downloaded at no cost from its website,
More information on LEED and green building is available from a number of sources:
- The LEED Rating System can be downloaded at no cost from its website, www.leedbuilding.org, along with the LEED checklist and summaries of documentation requirements and referenced standards.
- The LEED Training Workshop is a one-day program providing an introduction to USGBC and green building; an in-depth review of the Rating System; and, discussion on sustainable design resources and incorporating LEED into practice.
- The LEED Reference Package, available for purchase at www.leedbuilding.org, contains an essential set of tools for green building and LEED certification. It includes a 270-page Reference Guide, the Welcome Packet, LEED Calculator spreadsheets, Application Template, an Introductory Slideshow, the Rating System, and the Accreditation Exam Study Guide. The Reference Guide is a design-assistance and LEED user’s manual. For each credit, it discusses green building concerns; a summary of any standards that are part of the credit or prerequisite; strategies and resources for achieving it; potential synergies and trade-offs with other credits and strategies; calculations; and, documentation requirements. Where possible, cost estimates and case studies are provided.
- The LEED Accredited Professional Exam tests individual knowledge of LEED and green building in order to recognize green building specialists and facilitate networking between clients and service providers.
- The Registered Project Welcome Packet provides instruction for LEED documentation and various tools, such as samples, calculation spreadsheets, and a template to facilitate project management and the certification process.
- LEED technical assistance is available through its website’s Credit Rulings page.
- The USGBC Web site, www.usgbc.org, is both informational and functional.
- Latest ICF information is available at the Insulating Concrete Forms Association (ICFA) website, www.forms.org; or via the ICFA help line: 888/864-4232
- The Reward Wall Systems website, www.rewardwalls.com, provides technical information and examples of various green residential and large-scale commercial projects Û 800/468-6344