IThe new Shell Rotella T6 Full Synthetic 0W-40 heavy-duty diesel engine oil suits advanced engine technologies for on- and off-road vehicles. Formulated with Triple Protection Plus technology, the API CK-4 service category product is designed to provide protection against wear, deposits and oil breakdown, and offers excellent pumpability at low operating temperatures. An exclusive low ash formulation helps protect the exhaust catalysts and particulate filters found on the latest low emission diesel vehicles. Shell Lubricants engineers especially note these T6 performance characteristics:
|Specifications, approvals and recommendations include API CK-4, CJ-4; Caterpillar ECF-3, ECF-2, ECF-1A; Cummins CES 20086; Ford WSS-M2C171-F1; Mack EO-S 4.5; and, Volvo VDS-4.5, VDS-4.|
- Advanced wear protection for long engine life;
- Multi-functional dispersant additives in combination with synthetic base oils provide an enhanced level of protection against the effects of soot, dirt and other contaminants;
- Improved heat resistance to provide continuous protection throughout the service interval;
- Protection in extreme climates as demonstrated in improved low temperature flow compared to a conventional SAE 15W-40 oil; and,
- Emissions systems compatibility, augmented by low-ash formulation that helps control blocking of or poisoning of exhaust after-treatment devices and maintain diesel particulate filter service life.
“T6 is intended for engines operating in tough, cold weather,” says Rotella Global Brand Manager Megan Pino. “This low-viscosity engine oil provides the low-temperature performance needed to keep trucks and off-highway equipment moving in harsh conditions.” — Shell Lubricants, Houston; www.rotella.com
NATURAL GAS POWER PROTECTION
Concurrent with the new T6 formulation, Shell Lubricants has introduced Rotella T4 NG Plus 15W-40 heavy-duty engine oil, specially formulated to provide protection under the full range of pressures and temperatures in mobile natural gas engines plus diesel or gasoline models. The versatile engine oil is particularly relevant for trucks operating with 100-percent compressed natural gas or liquefied natural gas fueled engines.
|Specifications, approvals and recommendations include API CK-4, API SN, Cummins CES 20092 (supersedes CES 20085, January 2020), Cummins CES 20086, Detroit Diesel DFS 93K222, Mack EO-S 4.5 and Volvo VDS-4.5.|
“Shell Rotella T4 NG Plus 15W-40 meets the specifications for natural gas, diesel and gasoline engines, making it a true multi-vehicle engine oil that will help fleets consolidate the number of engine oils they need in their shop,” says Global Brand Manager Megan Pino. “We continually look at the needs of fleets and develop engine oils to keep their vehicles performing well while helping to minimize maintenance complexities.”
Natural gas engines, with their spark combustion, run significantly hotter than diesel counterparts. Shell Rotella T4 NG Plus 15W-40 has been specially formulated for use in natural gas-powered vehicles in order to manage their high heat and provide the necessary engine protection. Among key Shell Rotella T4 benefits and features, product engineers note:
- Optimized balance of detergent and dispersancy provides good piston and engine cleanliness and ensures long, efficient operation;
- Ignition system protection attributable to additives that control deposits in the combustion chamber to help prolong valve and spark plug service life;
- Emissions system compatibility owing to a low ash formulation that helps protect the exhaust catalysts and particulate filters found on the latest low emission vehicles; and,
- Power versatility such that fleets running on natural gas, diesel and gasoline can benefit from using one oil, thus minimizing maintenance complexity.