Sources: RedVector.com LLC, Tampa, Fla.; CP staff
A leading source of eLearning and workforce training solutions for professionals in architecture, engineering, construction, industrial and facility management, RedVector has launched five mobile device-ready courses in partnership with the National Ready Mixed Concrete Association:
- Essentials of Quality Concrete. Overview of the product and its basic components, required plastic and hardened concrete properties, plus variables influencing finished slabs or structures.
- Handling, Placing and Finishing Concrete. Overview of the proper methods and procedures for transporting, placing and finishing.
- Concrete Standards and Requirements. A review of ASTM C94, Standard Specification for Ready Mixed Concrete, with discussion of concrete ordering, production, delivery and testing.
- Understanding Concrete’s Environmental Advantage. A detailed look at the material’s environmental attributes and how it is playing a growing role in green building design and construction.
- Designing and Specifying Pervious Concrete. Two-hour webcast provides an overview on implementing pervious concrete pavements as a solution to reducing stormwater runoff.
The courses are presented by NRMCA Senior Vice President, Engineering Division Dr. Colin Lobo and Vice President, Sustainability, Codes and Standards Tien Peng. The NRMCA series follows release of RedVector’s OSHA 30-hour Construction Course, which will help workers and employers recognize, avoid, abate and prevent health and safety hazards at jobsites.