Source: Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute, Chicago
PCI has announced its 2013 webinar series with a focus on high-performance precast concrete. Topics include structural and envelope systems, blast- and fire-resistant design, aesthetic versatility, and indoor environmental quality, among others.
Upcoming webinar dates and titles:
- April 16 & 18: Design Unity: The Integration of Structural & Envelope Systems
- May 28 & 30: Building Survivability: Designing for Seismic & Blast Resistance
- June 25 & 27: Driving Profitability through High Performance Parking Structures
- July 23 & 25: It’s the Law: High Performance through Envelope Code Requirements
- August 27 & 29: Back to the Future: Relearning Passive Fire Resistant Design
- October 22 & 24: Artist’s Palette: The Aesthetic Versatility of Precast Concrete
- November 19 & 21: The New Sound of IEQ: Indoor Comfort & Acoustic Design
“The concept of high performance goes beyond sustainability to include performance on a life-cycle basis,” said Brian Miller, P.E., LEED AP, managing director of business development for PCI. “High performance structures are essential in meeting a variety of demands, from economic to environmental. Our upcoming webinars will showcase the versatile, efficient and resilient attributes of precast concrete, as well as how precast concrete can help meet high-performance goals.”
PCI webinars are free and provide continuing education credit, including American Institute of Architects (AIA) Learning Units and National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) Professional Development Hours. Additionally, the one-hour webinars are scheduled to provide a noon start time in each time zone in the contiguous U.S. Registration and additional information can be found here.